The wedding is over and it’s time to shake off all that wedding planning stress. Grab your love and head to somewhere romantic and beautiful. We have some amazing travel experts on our site to help you plan the perfect honeymoon and to help you decide where to go, here are the top ten spots for honeymoons according to Honeymoons.com:
10. Mexico – Mexico offers many all-inclusive resorts with beach access, spas and shopping but Mexico also has an incredibly rich cultural history to explore. Check out the Mayan ruins outside Cancun in the Yucatan Peninsula or explore the museums of Mexico City. There is also yummy fresh seafood and tequila at the local restaurants!
Bahia, Riviera Maya, Mexico
9. Italy – Italy has a lot to offer. Take a gondola ride through the canals of Venice, tour the streets of Verona where Romeo and Juliet fell in love, soak up the culture of Rome or take in the stunning views of the Amalfi Coast. The entire country is gorgeous and the food is amazing! Pick one spot or travel by train across the country, either way it will be a trip to remember.
8. Fiji – Fiji is the definition of paradise. The clear waters provide perfect views of the coral reef surrounding the island, perfect for snorkeling. There is also rafting along the Upper Navua River and zip lining through the rainforest. When you have add enough adventure head to one of the many spas on the island or do some shopping (it’s all duty free!).
Kioa Island, Fiji
7. Greece – Greece offers the best of both worlds, blue water and sandy beaches as well as amazing culture and history. See the Parthenon in Athens then take a boat ride to the Red Beach in Santorini to soak up the sun.
Mykonos island, Greece
6. Hawaii – The classic choice for honeymoons, you can’t go wrong with Hawaii. The islands boast beautiful beaches and active volcanos to explore. Couples enjoy hiking, kayaking and horseback riding. And it’s all within the United States, so US residents don’t need to worry about passports.
5. Bora Bora – An excellent choice for a tropical getaway, Bora Bora offers white sandy beaches to lounge on and gorgeous terrain for hiking. This is the perfect trip for the active newlyweds.
Otemanu Mountain, Bora Bora
4. Aruba – The small island of Aruba boasts incredible restaurants, nightclubs and casinos to keep you entertained at night and during the day there is the beach, snorkeling and exploring the Dutch capital city.
3. Jamaica – Jamaica offers a diverse and colorful landscape with gorgeous beaches and dry mountain plains. There are many resorts to choose from but be sure and venture out to the market to soak up the local culture.
Blue Hole Falls, Jamaica
2. Bahamas – The Bahamas consists of 700 small islands and is known for its aqua waters. Scuba diving, fishing or just lounging on the beach are popular activities at this picturesque location and don’t forget to check out the amazing Atlantis resort for yourselves.
Atlantis Resort, Bahamas
1. Florida – Florida is another destination with many options. From the beaches of the Florida Keys to the nightlife of Miami or the fun of Disney World, you can’t go wrong with Florida. It is a safe but fun choice with options for all kinds of honeymooners.
West Summerland Key, Florida